Thursday, September 6, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter

I promised myself that once we finished our jar of commercial {though natural} peanut butter, I would take a stab at making it myself. After all, the only ingredients listed were peanuts and salt. How hard could it be? And, I thought it would be one more easy step toward replacing commercial food staples with my own homemade varieties. So, I purchased a bag of salted peanuts from the bulk room at our natural foods store {if you've never shopped in a natural foods bulk room, DO IT!} and set out to finish off our last jar of store-bought peanut butter. A few days ago, I scraped the bottom of the container and excitedly broke out my food processor.


I dumped about 3 cups of peanuts in my food processor and let it work its magic. About five minutes later, I had peanut butter.


Smooth. Creamy. Peanuty. Delicious! The perfect blend of salty and sweet.


We are hooked! My husband has a scoop or two with his granola {his typical evening snack} and raves each time over how delicious it is. Next time you're running low on peanut butter, go buy some peanuts and make your own. I bet you won't go back!


Try it! And then come back and let me know how you like it!! Do you add anything extra to your homemade peanut butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment