Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sitting In Stillness

When words fail... When the cacophony of my head, heart and soul deafens me... When there is utter chaos inside and no way to explain...

When a thousand fleeting thoughts flash through my mind but so quickly my mind can't finish the thought or process its meaning... When my heart feels so many things that the expression of even one is impossible... When my soul's deepest desires well up from inside and long to find rest...

When I go to pray and nothing comes out...

the Lord knows the thoughts of man, that they are a mere breath {ps. 94:11}

delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart {ps. 37:4}

Then I sit in stillness. And breathe. And without words or even one coherent thought, I let the jarring symphony of my heart, mind and soul swell to its peak and decrescendo to an anticlimactic finish. And then there is silence. And then there is peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment